Re: [IRCA] Recording DX

--- J999w@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 9/9/06 7:38:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
> bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << > *** You're going to be taking a receiver output of either 3.2 or
> 8
>  > ohms, and going to a line input with an impedance of 50k or more.
> >>

> I have no problems with this mismatch .... clips sound fine even at
> 8bit 8k
> mono .wav for AM DX.  For FM DX I record at 16 bit 44k stereo saved
> as MP3 with
> the same mismatch (RX audio to line input) and it sounds fine to me.

*** YMMV depending on equipment. I found I had to push the record level
to distortion to obtain adequate audio level on my recordings on AM. My
FM tuner provides two different output impedances and levels. I had to
step down the impedance to run stereo cans at adequate level, but the
match to the PC sound card was fine since the tuner output impedances
are in the same range which I step up to from the HQ-150.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID