[IRCA] KMPH 840 power

KMPH's CP is for 5 kW-U (DA-2). I've been told that when they first went on
the air and were adjusting the patterns, they were running 1250W. I have not
seen an announcement in the FCC actions of a license to cover being granted
(only applied for), so they may still be running less than 5 kW, but 500W
sounds low. My guess would be 1250W or 2500W while they are on program test
authority. The likelihood of picking up KMPH along the Oregon coast would
appear to be higher when the night pattern is in use than when the day
pattern is in use--that's if you forget about the fact that the night
pattern is normally in use only when nighttime CX are in effect.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367