Re: [IRCA] KXMG covers KSL & Band scan

Dennis,

KSL is generally heard here 24/7 365 days a year off the Eastern
beverage but fairly weak during mid day in July, but still heard. But
not strong enough to notice IBOC. A station has to have more than S5/6
to get IBOC on the sidebands for me. KHHO 850 will not do it until
nearer LSS, but KEX 1190 it is strong all day. It is hard to get KLAY
1180 really good with KEX running IBOC. I can phase them down enough to
get rid of the IBOC, but unfortunately it also weakens KLAY a bit too.

 I noticed 1150 in the jumble here earlier. I guessed they were still on
5 KW. Their 5KW directional South is much stronger on the North coast
than they used to be. They must have widened their pattern a bit. I
presume they still null the North though to protect Seattle. I get both
here during the day.

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.