[IRCA] Another Pretty Darn Average Asian for Me, Sept 3

[IRCA] Another Pretty Darn Average Asian for Me, Sept 3

It was another average to somewhat poor AM for me and almost
exclusively Asian. The only for sure DUs were 612 and 1701.4 in audio
and 1512 as a het. A decent number of Asians were in, some in audio,
some as various levels of hets.

Of special interest:

594 Japan was doing quite well in audio for me for a while... this is
very unusual, since anything around 600 kHz., Vancouver's signal is
normally blocked out (a "zone of death") for me.  It must have been
in very solidly this AM.

864 was quite interesting.  For a while, there were two Japanese on
there. The dominant one was a man, talking rather seriously. Beneath
that was a woman talking much more informally.  She was // 1287 and
was most likely from the three one to three kW. outlaying simulcast
stations of Hokkaido Broadcasting Co (key station is 1287). The
dominant male could have been from several other JJ stations on
864.  The only one of those that I have heard is Radio Okinawa (last
year). Anyone DXing from Grayland or elsewhere on the coast might
want to check this out.

Off channel stations: 702.033 was DU (SYDNEY???), 782.933 early,
855.00 and 855.155 North Korea, 963.160 early and 962.9 late, 1205.95
China was in, but so was a 1206.0 weaker carrier.  This is the first
time this season that I have noticed such a 1206.00 signal..

John B.