Re: [IRCA] Who's the Old Standards Station on 1080 Khz?????????

Re: [IRCA] Who's the Old Standards Station on 1080 Khz?????????

Willis............I am located in London, Ontario CANADA, 120 Miles NE of
Detroit.

I always attach my signature at the bottom of my messages, to identify
myself and my location.......but for some reason it is not showing up in my
messages???

If KRLD is still newstalk..it definitely wasn't them.............

I'm still puzzled. Willis...is the Athens ALABAMA station OLDIES...or OLD
STANDARDS ??? The ststion I was hearing wasn't really playing Oldies Rock N
Roll, but more along the Lines of Old Middle of the Road and pop Music.

Thanks for the help.....

73..ROB.

At 04:17 AM 9/3/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Robert-
>You need to tell us where you are located. It would make it very easy to
>answer your question "IF" I knew where your located.
>
>I checked the frequency and all I get is an open carrier over WTIC. Maybe
>Athens, AL doing transmitter test. They are a daytimer of 5Kw, and I have
>heard them on in the early morning hours.
>
>You mentioned KRLD. They are the second greatest station on the dial. News/
>talk format and if your northeast of Dallas, you won't hear them. They null
>to the northeast to protect WTIC. This of course is assuming they switched
>to night pattern.
>
>Your MEGA phone number is for Mega life insurance, out of Oklahoma City.
>
>Willis
>Old Fort, TN

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
Box 1003, Stn. B.
London, Ontario
CANADA N6A5K1

Antique/Vintage Radio Enthusiast
Amateur Radio Stations VA3SW/VE3JFC

Defy Physics.....Play Table Tennis!! (Ping Pong with an Attitude)