[IRCA] DX 9/2

Greetings all,

A decent morning here with DUs, South Asians, and the powerhouse JJ's in
this morning. I also think my unid 531 DU, may be 2PM, as it is too
dominant to be 4KZ or 3GG. I still have not caught an ID, but the signal
fits the 2PM one. But just a guess.  Here are some highlights.

531      AUSTRALIA, Unid oldies rock station playing "Party Doll" by
Buddy Knox, etc. At 1355 9/2, over ABC station running Folk or C&W mx
//558, 612, 630, 540, etc.  (PM-OR)

t531    AUSTRALIA, Dalwalinu, 6DL, probably the ABC station mixing with
Unid oldies (2PM?) at 1357 with C&W or Folk mx //540, 558, 612, 630 9/2
(PM-OR)

540     AUSTRALIA, Longreach 4QL, good with ABC pgm of C&W/Folk //531 at
1358 9/2 (PM-OR)

t558    AUSTRALIA, Wagin 6WA, probably the ABC // 531, 540, etc. at 1358
9/2. No other ABC stations are listed. Was strange to hear the same
programming  considering the time difference of 2 hours. But nothing
else fits.  (PM-OR)

567     NEW ZEALAND, Wellington 2YA, presume the source of the NZ News
in passing at 1301 9/2 (PM-OR)

t576    AUSTRALIA, Sydney, 2RN, presume the light jazz/classical here at
1320 9/2 in passing. (PM-OR)

594     JAPAN, Tokyo  JOAK very strong, armchair copy at 1325 9/2 with
man in JJ (PM-OR)

612    AUSTRALIA, Brisbane 4QR, very good with discussion at 1245 9/2.
(PM-OR)

612    PHILIPPINES, Cebu City DYHP. The only filipino of the morning and
the first one of the season at 1320 9/2, Mention of Cebu and RMN (Radio
Mindanao Network) by man, above 4QR for a few minutes. Unneeded, but
nice to hear. (PM-OR)

630     AUSTRALIA, Townsville, 4QN, very strong and dominant over
domestics with C&W/folk program, //540 at 1350  9/2. This one can be one
of the strongest. (PM-OR)

666     NEW CALEDONIA, Noumea, presume the FF talk by man in passing at
1340 9/2 (PM-OR)

693     JAPAN, Tokyo JOAB, fair with man in JJ at 1334 9/2. JOAK much
stronger. (PM-OR)

760     HAWAII, Honolulu KGU, good at 1410 9/2 with Christian pop music.
Song "Shout to the Lord" (PM-OR)

890     ALASKA, Homer KBBI, alone on channel with Jazz mx at 1415 9/2
(PM-OR)

900     HAWAII, Kahului, KNUI, good with ID at 1400 9/2 "You're
listening to KNUI Kahalui. Your station for Hawaiian music" (PM-OR)

1134    JAPAN, Tokyo, JOQR good with JJ talk at 1410 9/2. Almost as good
as JOAK 594 in signal. (PM-OR)

1161   MALAYSIA?? Odd sounding language at 1345 9/2. Have hrd several
times in the past with minority languages. Unneeded. This one can be
more common in the Fall along with 909 khz too.  (PM-OR)

1179    JAPAN, Osaka   JOOR, fair with woman in JJ at 1347 9/2 (PM-OR)

With our "Heat" yesterday here on the North coast of 93 degrees, the
powerlines along the highway are a bit noisy this morning. That happens
with the heat. Fortunately todays high will be in the 75 degree range.
   Not a bad morning and it was nice to hear my first filipino of the
season and maybe Malaysia.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.