[IRCA] Ten years on - The Sony 7600G

Just on the phone to Sony Parts Canada about getting a
replacement back cover for my venerable Sony 7600G circa 1996.

That is right folks. Ten years ago I bought the Sony 7600G.
It has been to Hawaii (Kona on the Big Island, Hilo and Oahu...)
It has been on about 1 dozen transcontinental flights without
as much as one raised eye-brow of any airport security officer.
I have hiked with it. And biked with it. Driven, flown and sailed with it.

Time for a little face lift.

It has been dropped once and apart from some small micro-cracks
on the back case, it continues to serve me well.

Alas, Sony Parts Canada says the part is no longer available.

Sigh. Ten years gone. Has it been that long?

--
Colin Newell
Editor-Creator www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca