[IRCA] Another Excellent Asian AM: Aug 31

[IRCA] Another Excellent Asian AM: Aug 31

Another excellent Asian AM, with lots of signals even 90 minutes
before dawn.  Nothing was quite at the stunning levels of a few of
the sigs yesterday, but most sigs seemed more stable,
over-all.  There were more Japanese than normal and fewer Chinese and
Koreans than expected and the JJs at the bottom of the dial (below
774) seemed to be doing better than usual.  The pick of the litter
for me was listening to the NHK2 weather on 1152 and hearing a
semi-imaginary ID at 1319 of Kuchiro (western Hokkaido). The other
NHK-2 station on 1152 is in Kochi, far to the south on Shikoku
Island. I've never been able to catch that ID at Grayland and I don't
think that they have ever been in audio here before.  Right now, the
local ID time for NHK-2 is smack in the middle of max. dawn.

That NHK2 weather show (1300 to 1319UTC) has to be the hands-down
winner for the most boring show ever broadcast.  It is almost
exclusively listings of the 50 or so largest cities in Japan,
followed by temperatures.  I think that they go through the list
three or four times, with daily high temps., low temps then forecast
highs and lows.... I think.  My Japanese is very rusty and I go crazy
after the 10th or 11th city.  They go from northern Hokkaido south to
southern Kyushu and follow each city with a single temperature. There
never say, during the list, whether its the high or low temp, just
the city name and a number..... So, when they are working on northern
Honshu, it might be: "Aomori, ni-ju,san; Akita, ni-ju hachi; Morioka,
ni-ju ichi, etc." In Japanese "ni-ju" is 20, so 23 degrees Celsius
is  "ni-ju san"  Does anyone (but DXers) listen to this trash???  Do
they do audience research in Japan???

Anyway, that's off my chest.... it as a very nice Asian AM.  Hope
that you get a chance to be bored by the Weather show soon!  :>)

John B.