Re: [IRCA] 2AP off the coast, and memorable nightmares

Re: [IRCA] 2AP off the coast, and memorable nightmares

Perhaps the most fun I had in the early 60s was when 2UE and LR3 were QRM'ing one another in the one hour 950 was clear when KIMN signed off and before whichever easterner it was that hit the frequency first signed on.

Another interesting morning was when Algiers and Bogota were weaving in and out on 890.

I actually wake up frustrated from a dream, from time to time, that the DX is coming in and I have neither tape recorder nor pen and paper available to make a log. (I more often, though, dream that I'm ready to do my 15-minute newscast and I've misplaced the stories ... or I've got my 5-minute weather cast to do, check the weather wire, two minutes before it goes on the air, and discover that the sign-off guy didn't replenish the paper supply to the teletype.)

Lady Nostalgia rears her beautiful head in many forms.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon