[IRCA] TPs the Morning of Aug. 26

*Now* I see what Patrick and others are talking about with DUs early, then
switching over to Asian signals. I started tuning at 1200, and everything
was DU with the exception of 1566. Just before 1300 I started seeing the
switch to Asian, with a number of new splits popping up on the low band.

Altogether, I had 47 TPs, but with only two of them in audio (693 and 774
around 1300). The action was mostly low- and midband. This was definitely
better than 8/21 when I last DXed around dawn. The 21st subdued because of
geostorming.

Sure wish I could wave a magic wand and get rid of the Puget Sound area
locals! Many of the TP peaks were strong enough for audio if I had been at
the coast, but the splash and splatter from adjacent channel locals raises
the noise level.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.sdr-1000.blogspot.com