Re: [IRCA] KFIR

Doug,

The latest road atlas has the population of Sweethome as 8238. I guess
they can sell in Lebanon and other small areas too. They always were a
live small market station. I heard them just after they signed on around
1968, when I QSL'd them as I remember. That part of the valley was
settled by Midwest & Southern people so C&W music is very popular there.
   By your description, KFIR sounds like so many small market stations.
If they do get the boost to 10 KW, they may or may not have the money to
do it. KAST Astoria got the CP for 1700, 10/1 KW. New NW BCers (small
group) let it expire. Apparently they had the money to put another FM on
(103.9), but not enough to do both stations. I can imagine the
complaints they would have gotten running 10 KW out of the KAST site.
About all they can muster there is the 1 KW. More than that, the QRM
gets into everything from the PA system at the High School (across the
street), to the CG Air Station across the bay.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.