Re: [IRCA] Philly Region Doings

You say Philly, I think cheesesteak.  Aargh!  I'm gonna go eat my refrigerator.  I haven't heard Philly from here since 1970.  I don't think I ever will again given the condition of the MW band nowadays.  Sigh...

Mike

"R. F. Tetro" <rtetro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A couple of things happening in this area.....

In the next few days (if not already), Clear Channel is flipping from
oldie to Christian programming on 1470 WKAP in Allentown. WKAP will
change call letters to WYHM. (See new website: www.1470wyhm.com).
WKAP is 5KW NDA-Day, and 5K@ Directional Night.

Talk is that the new King of Prussia station may be on the air as soon
as sometime this week. Call letters are WFYL, operating
non-directionally on 1180 khz with 420 watts into a Valcom whip antenna.
It's not a very efficient antenna at 40 degrees electrical height, so
coverage will most likely not be that great. (This would have been a
station that might have benefited from the FCC-accepted new Kinstar NDA
antenna being produced by Kintronics. It's a short-height antenna that
has 98% efficiency of a 1/4 wave antenna.) Rumors are that WFYL may be
running brokered foreign language programming. As of about 15 minutes
they were not on the air yet. This station is, of course, a move in of
the old 1530 McConnellsburg, PA station, with a change of frequency and
city of license.

73,
Rene'

Rene F. Tetro