Re: [IRCA] "Good Time Oldies" on 930

Hi, All...

I'm new to the list, tho' a long-time IRCA member.  With several people in the NW on here and DXing TP medium wave, I just couldn't resist.  QTH here between 15 May and 15 Nov. is Orcas Island, WA, exactly on the Canadian/US border, halfway between Vancouver and Victoria, BC.... about 80 miles or so north of Seattle.

Antennas are two new 65'x100' EWEs, one NW, pointed up the Gulf of Georgia at the China Coast and the other pointed SW, across the islands, the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic Mountains at Australia.  The site is only fair for DU DX, but it is quite good for east Asia. Main receiver is a computer-driven WinRadio 313e that forced me to give up my TenTec 340 and my Kiwa-ed NRD-535.  I've been DXing for about three weeks, now that I finally have the new antennas up.  A goodly number of east Asians are coming through.  I'll report more thoroughly this weekend.

PATRICK:  "Good Time Oldies 930" is Bellingham. They are local to me and sometimes are using "The NEW Good Time Oldies 930."  Very few mentions of Bellingham, so they must be trying for a regional audience (good luck in this crowded market!)  They are running local ads and lotsa new station promos. Local weather, too. Have not heard a legal ID or call letters, yet.

JOhn B.