Re: [IRCA] DX Tip for WDXR

Bruce,

KFIR is 10 KW now days? They sure don't sound like it here. They still
have their weak 1 KW signal. For being on such a low frequency, they
don't get out worth beans to the North coast. KSHO 920 is much stronger.
I don't even hear KFIR with 184w here at night. I don't believe they are
24 hours. I talked to one of their DJs on the phone right after they
moved from 1370 to 720. The DJ told me that they were still using the
same tower and it was not done right, so they have a worse signal than
they did on 1370 in many areas.  Doug, what do they sound like at your
QTH?  Albany is fairly close to Sweethome.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.

--- Begin Message ---
If KDWN remains off, You folks in CA AZ etc might also try for KFIR Sweet Home OR tonight just before they drop power from 10kw to 184w

Bruce

--- End Message ---