[IRCA] WestList for the blind

While waiting for a truck shipment at my office, I was playing around with the Adobe Reader "Read Out Loud" feature on the Westlist PDF.  The thought occurred that this might be very useful for the blind.

I am willing to make a special edition of this optimized for the Adobe Reader out-loud function, if there is interest.  It would require separating call letters, adding extra punctuation, and spelling out most abbreviations.

First, does anyone know if there is any call for this?  If even just a few can make use of it, I'd be happy to do it.  99% of the work would be automated, so it's no real burden.

Second, the PDF is over 1100 pages.  This, and the multiple sort methods may well be too much to navigate.  How should it be split up?

I know that the DXAS serves the visually-impaired, but I have no idea if Fred is handling that these days.  I'd be happy to work with whoever happens to be running that, if that's something of use to them.

One of my clients is IN-SIGHT, a reader service for the blind.  I'll run this past them to see if they have any thoughts.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI