Re: [IRCA] DU carriers

Quoting Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Nick,
>
> Mostly TPs here and a few DUs. HLAZ was in Russian after 1300, but I
> did not note it earlier. Lots of Alaskans heard.
> 73,

That's a schedule change for HLAZ then, Patrick, as they've been Japanese from
1230 to 1345UT for many years.  Will have to listen further for this.

Odd that you had only a few DUs, even after 1300UT; I would have thought we'd
be hearing approximately the same part of the world at the same time.  Except
for 972 carrier and 1566 low audio, and maybe a SAH on 774, I think virtually
everything I heard around then was DU, but like I said mostly carriers, and the
majority, weak ones.  Mind you, 45 minutes earlier, there were fewer carriers,
and pretty much all looping towards Asia.

A thought also is that you have a water path to Asia, but it's a land path from
here for the first several hundred kilometers up the spine of Vancouver Island,
so not only do you hear all trans Pacifics better than I do, but I'll bet the
Asiatics are better yet  Maybe they hang in longer for you than they do here.

John Bryant isn't far from here as the crow flies, but he has a water path up
Georgia Strait...Asians are much better there.

best wishes,

Nick