Re: [IRCA] passport if going to Canada

Russ Edmunds: "I recall a trip back in the mid-1970's to Quebec when I was
quite
startled to have ID demanded and the car searched by US border
personnel on re-entry after a week's absence. They really weren't
impressed with my 2 meter ham transceiver despite my at least having
had the forethought to bring my license along."

I wonder what they would think about an American trying to bring home one of
those unlocked scanners that's been illegal here since the mid-'90s.