Re: [IRCA] passports & Nova Scotia OT

--- Eric Floden <eric.f99999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> as I understand it, the passport requirement is for people entering
> the US
> -- after 31/12/06, entering via air or sea (but not ferry), one needs
> valid passport.  One year later, all travellers need one.  Canadian
> link for
> this info is:
>
> http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency/whti-ivho/menu-e.html
>
> One of the objections Canada has is that the US has a low proportion
> of its
> citizens who have passports; therefore, travel ($$) to Canada will
> likely
> suffer

I have travelled in New Brunswick several times on vacations to Maine
in the mid and late 1990's. Prior, I had travelled to Quebec a few time
also. Always wanted to get to Nova Scotia. I have also travelled to
Bermuda. Never had a passport, never needed one. My wife had one when
we were married, but I presume it's long expired.

I certainly understand Canada's concerns, because I agree that the
majority of US citizens are like me in that regard. I also believe that
this hasn't been adequately publicized.

In order to avoid problems should I decide to stray into Canada again
in the future, I guess I'll have to look into getting us passports.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID