[IRCA] automation

Back in the early 1970s KBBK FM which were the  original calls on 92.3 had a system operated by high pitched tones.  Unfortunately there were a couple of songs that had the same tones on  them.  One song in particular "O Lucky Man" I believe by ELP was one.  Whenever it was played, about half way through it, the tone would be hit and it would turn off the automation and KBBK would go to dead air.

Every time I heard the song on KKK you knew what was about to happen.  Sometimes they would have dead air for several minutes before anyone realized what was going on

73

Frank N7SOK
Boise