Re: [IRCA] QSLs

Patrick,

I totally agree. But few DXers do QSL anymore for various reasons. One
has been the return rate just is not there. The days of sending out a
written report and expect a reply on the first time is getting a lot
harder than it once was. I know quite a few CEs that are Hams and even
they are hard to get a QSL out of. I know these people too! The interest
in distant reports does not seem to be there like it once was. Also the
station CEs are so busy trying to maintain several stations. In some
cases, the policy of the station is that the CE should not deal directly
with the public. I still QSL and I will always, but getting that QSL
today is tougher. No doubt about that. The pcc seems to work in many
cases. Infact several CEs have asked for that. "Is there something I
just sign?"  As far as e mail QSLs go, I have a few along with a couple
of FAX QSLs too. But the e mail QSLs have not caught on as yet. Some
DXers do get e mail QSLs. Like pcc's, I only use them when I have to. I
would rather get the verie letter if possible. They do make a great
present from a station and is a nice piece of history. I have many QSLs
where I was the first to ever QSL them. I have many through every call
change. Stations that no longer exist. Many of the Australians, which I
have over 200, a lot of those stations have moved to FM, as well as many
of the Canadians. QSLs you could never replace. I am very pleased and
happy with the nearly 3,000 MW QSLs I have received in over 41 years
now. Each one has a story to tell. As Ernie Cooper used to say "QSL's
are very nice to look through on a rainy day". I think he had about 4500
when he passed on.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.