[IRCA] Sorry Rip, the snooze is over!

I looked at my dx log notes....the last two entries were for 3/14/06
noting KENI-650-Anchorage AK heard at 2335 PST & 3/27/06 showing that
Kiribati or whatever it is now (used to be VSZ Tarawa) was in on 846
around 0100 PST.  After that nothing....So I decided to add something to
these logs.  What I found was my lower band is still covered with a
variety of man made noises, the worst being florescent lights next
door.  However a few stations made it through, as follows:  All 8/5/06
PDT used

 540  SK  CBK Regina assumed with pop music program 2215 atop mess
.
 550  OR  KOAC  Corvallis just finishing a selection by Nickel Creek.
Thought it was KAFY until announcer gave plug for OPD station on 105.7.

 560  CA  KSFO  San Francisco--local with Art Bell at 2218
 570  WA  KVI Seattle with same program.
 580  CA  KMJ  Fresno....ditto above
 590  OR  KUGN  Eugene with ad breaks at 2220
 600  ....some strange noise covering usual KOGO.
 610  CA  KEAR  San Francisco...local with religion 2221..
 620  OR  KPOJ  Portland..Air America over CKRM-Regina who IDed at
                2224 while cutting thru KPOJ.  C&W music.
 630  CA  KIDD  Monterey...barely above low rumble with EZL music.
 640  CA  KFI  Los Angeles..lousy signal being bothered by someone but
buzz too loud to spend time here.  KFI had very indistinct mushy signal.

 650  CA  KSTE Rancho Cordova with Art Bell when looped NE.
 650  MEX XETNT Los Mochis...in solid with music when looped SE. o/buzz.

 660  AZ  KTNN  Window Rock atop with Truckers Program. Sounded like
spanish program below.  Who's this nowdays?
 670  ID  KBOI  Boise...thru KNBR splatter 2230
 680  CA KNBR  San Francisco...sports..
 690  BC  CBU  Vancouver 2231 atop with jazz music program. Good signal
no sign of Tijuana.
 700  ??  Sports Net program atop 2233 with SS (KMBX) below.  Salt Lake
or Spokane most likely.
 710  CA  KFIA Carmichael with relgious talk but KIRO-Seattle all alone
in KFIA's null with local news/talk/weather.
 720  NV  KDWN Las Vegas loud with talk 2235
 730  just noise here...
 740  CA  KCBS  San Francisco  news
 750  OR  KXL  Portland-talk--beaming N
 750  UT  KOAL Price-talk--beaming E/W...KHWG-Fallon far below with c&w.

 760  CA  KFMB  San Diego 2238 talk show
 770  CA  KKOB Albuquerque...Art Bell
 780  NV  KKOH Reno...Art Bell 2240
 790  CA  KFPT  Clovis with Air America over mess 2241
 800  OR  KPDQ  Portland with Black Gospel song & following commentary.
 810  CA  KGO  San Francisco  yadda yadda yadda
 820  WA  KGNW  Burien...weakly with mention of Federal Way and other
Seattle area items.  Whatever has happened to WBAP?
 830  CA  KNCO  Grass Valley  Art Bell 2248
 840  CA  KMPH  Modesto...assumed the one playing 'ad std' music.
Didn't wait for ID but who else.  Good signal, no sign of Vegas or
Oregonians & definitely wiped out my batch of TIS stations on that
frequency.
 850  CO  KOA  Denver  2250 loud with talk
 860  BC  CFPR Prince Rupert...surprise here with excellent signal
//CBU-690 and ruling the roost.
 870  CA  KRLA  Glendale..talk-ads-ID 2254..over several stations &
noise
 880  OR  KCMX  Phoenix in/out atop of assumed KKMC/CHQT
 890  UT  KDXU  St. George..Art Bell 2257
 900  CA  KBIF  Fresno atop 2259 with eclectic music & odd ID 2300.

By this time the noise  had penetrated to the most inward regions of my
brain & I decided to hold off on the rest of the band until another day.

Don K.