[IRCA] India to Illinois on 1566 ?

Taking into account several of the comments on the lists, there are
some observations I'd make:

1) 13 degrees bearing ( presuming accuracy ) woould subject the
listener to more potential auroral absorption than a bearing closer to
zero

2) The program details provided are extremely general

3) The time of day, which also wasn't provided would be critical if
this were grey-line reception

4) There is no other propagation mode which could account for such a
reception other than perhaps long path. The time of year seems to
present a problem for a trans-polar path.

5) Depending on time of day again, there would/should be interference
from the TP.

While I believe that this reception certainly could occur under just
the right set of circumstances, I'm quite skeptical on balance that
this report actually occurred exactly as stated.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID