Re: [IRCA] WTZQ-1600

--- Craig Healy <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1600 WTZQ HENDERSONVILLE NC  2300 19 July 2006
> > Oldies song from 1958. ID, "WTZQ Hendersonville."
> >

> > Here's another station that should be running only
> 12 watts at night.
> > However, they are putting in a fair signal now
> mixed with WFIS.
> >
> > Are conditions really that good?
>
> I just checked the solar conditions, and the flux is
> 71, with an A and K of
> 1 each.  Conditions should be pretty godd, as it's
> been low for a while now.

> Craig Healy
> Providence, RI

I drive by Fountain Inn SC and visited WFIS when a
friend of mine worked there. They don't run listed
night power. Neither does WTZQ. I go by there every
few weeks after visiting Full Moon Farm and
volunteering there and interacting with the wolves and
wolf dogs. [ I scoop poop, so if any one gives me
SHIT, I can send them some wolf poop....theres many
loads of it there !!! LOL! ]

When I head home it's usually well past dark and WTZQ
goes a "few" miles more than the Hendersonville 1450.
Full Moon Farm is 9 miles from Black Mountain, and
when the Black Mountain 1010 goes from 50,000 watts to
500 watts DA....POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF! It's only been
audible when the A and K's were sky high! FMF is 18
miles from Hendersonville, and WTZQ during the day is
only listenable in the truck and a SuperRadio aimed
the right way, and there's lots of interference during
the day. And I like that standards format. They are
local during daylight hours.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!