[IRCA] WRIV Long Island

I was looking through some old info I had and I came across an AP story
from 1999 (forwarded by Bill Hale) concerning WRIV / 1390 in Riverhead
on Long Island. The story was about them losing the lease on their tower
site due to impending expansion of the city sewage treatment plant. The
story said that they planned to broadcast from a 140 foot wire supported
by a tethered helium balloon until they found a new site. I don't recall
hearing any more about this.

Does anyone know if the balloon antenna was used and what the results
were? I notice they are still licensed so I presume they found a new
site.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/