Re: [IRCA] Off-frequency station on 1180 kHz. Pass to NRC.

Re: [IRCA] Off-frequency station on 1180 kHz. Pass to NRC.

At 01:07 AM 7/11/2006, you wrote:
Can you hear any audio or is it a dead carrier?
Could it be Marathon Island's 1180?
Paul

Paul,

Too weak and too far beneath WMYT.

Yes, it could be Marathon-1180. Marathon alternates 50-kW transmitters weekly, so next week we'll see.

The chances that the off-freaker is Marathon, are pretty low. IBB has excellent equipment. The counter that measures Marathon's
freq. is probably compared to WWVB. Still I know it could slip past them.

If it's they, then I got an inside, being a "retarded" IBB (Martí, VOA, RFE, RL, RFA, etc., etc., etc.) employee.

Still, Think about it kid, it's much more likely an impoverished 1-kW daytimer. Picking on poor IBB!

And you're no help yourself. Being a relatively new, snot-nosed IRCAer, you're unknown to me. Don't be afraid to put your QTH on
your signature line. Nobody's going to come out and moon your radio(s).

What a way to begin a raday (radio day). What's a mother to do?

Hi.

            ---------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
  Greenville, North Carolina