Re: [IRCA] IRCA 2006 CONVENTION

Sorry to read that John Callarman wont be attending the SEASIDE IRCA convention...He did a great job at the 2003 NRC convention in Dallas TX!! Pat can sure use the help of any member who has goodies to donate for the IRCA auction as well. I'm looking forward to visiting the Oregon Coast again...73 ms

From: <JohnCallarman@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] IRCA 2006 CONVENTION
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:58:59 -0500

    It is with deep regret that I have to let you know that I will not be able to attend the Seaside convention. The window of opportunity to visit my brother, who teaches at the China Europe International School of Business in Shanghai, is in mid-September ... and this is a trip that both the wife and I will take ... she does not go with me to radio club conventions.
    I had hoped to see some old friends I hadn't seen in years, plus some of the newer DX'ers (to me, dating back more than 50 years, Pat Martin is a newer DX'er), not to mention cavorting in my old stomping grounds, the adjacent Willamette Valley ... but the China trip is a once-in-a-lifetime deal ... and family comes first.
    I'll also miss Akron. Too bad.

    Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon