Re: [IRCA] KTRB Farewell to Modesto

Knowing the signal that KTRB puts out, I expect they will need one strong null to the SE to allow 840 to even exist.  If they go IBOC, they'll kill the 840 signal.

Oh God!  I used that acronym.  Fifty lashes with a short length of RG-58!

Mike

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Patrick Martin wrote:
>>Why would KTRB sign Modesto off without having the new set up all ready
>>in place in the Bay area? I would think they would have had the new
>>plant set up to go as they could throw the switch and be on their way.
>>Now nothing will be on 860 for sometime.
>
> Maybe they figure a one-day format change is just more of
> the same-old same-old. This way they can be a brand new
> station.

I think what happened was that the CP for 840 in Modesto was about to
expire if it was left unbuilt. And of course you can't run 840 and 860 at
the same time. This way, they know they don't lose the 840 CP, they still
get another year to finish building 860, and in the very worst case it's
just a minor-change application to return the Modesto facility to the
current 860 setup if San Francisco can't be built in time.

(More likely - they'll file at the last minute to build a makeshift
low-power ND facility to get SF 860 on the air before that CP expires!)