Re: [IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

Re: [IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

> Any idea what would have happened to me if I was on duty on the board
> running 1 KW at night, when the legal limit was 250 watts in those days?
> Even though the boss told me to keep it on high power? Fortunately I
> never had to deal with that. But Chuck Farmer (Owner & CE of KVAS), told
> me that the FCC had popped in on surprise visits, like on a Sunday
> morning. Grant Tinkler was the FCC official out of Portland in those
> days and boy did he go by the book.

Well, I would have hoped that you had that instruction in writing, or at
least in front of witnesses.  Otherwise the station owner could easily have
pegged it on you. "Gee, Grant, the operator must have made a mistake!  Not
our fault!"  He still could have been fined, but you *might* have been
included in the bill.

One reason why I practice CYA on legal matters.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI