[IRCA] Vehicle electrical noise

Today while driving down the Interstate, my truck quit just like turning the
key off.  I crawled underneath and found the main power feed to the ignition
and fuel system had broken.  I temporarily spliced it and drove home to fix
it.

The reason I'm posting this here, is that I have had a lot of unexplained
electrical noise in the truck lately that's now gone.  AM stations were in
some cases unlistenable, even semi-locals.  The fuseable link that broke was
rubbing on a metal shield designed to protect the wiring (insert ironic tag
here).

So, if you have noise that doesn't seem related to either ignition, fuel
pump or alternator, you may have a wire that's rubbed through the insulation
and is arcing to ground.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI