Re: [IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

Re: [IRCA] An interesting post from the radio-tech list

Did you happen to follow the thread in that list from the people who equate
Public Service with running the HS Football STA?  Outside of a bonafide
emergency, I advise my clients never to do things like that.  There have to
be some FCC folks who read that list.  What are those station operators
thinking?

We've all heard stations that *appear* to be cheating.  Sometimes yes,
sometimes no.  My take is I don't care, as long as I'm not connected with
the station and none of my clients are adversely affected.  One person's
pest is another's DX.  It all evens out on this side of the dials.

> By the way, are all of us Dxers that have been around for a while eligible
> to be DX experts and act high and mighty? I wasn't aware that us little
ole
> Dxers were viewed as being exalted creatures.

There are always those who act as if they are better than anyone else.  They
are the bane of any hobby.  Big Fish, Small Pond syndrome.  Only takes one
or two to pollute that Pond with their excretions.

<rabble rousing mode>
Heaven forbid I name names.  They might complain.
(big bucket full of raucus laughter aimed right at 'em)
</rabble rousing mode>

Craig Healy
Providence, RI