[IRCA] (no subject)

Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:11 PM
Subject: Barry Strange

I have some sad information to tell you all. Barry Strange of KCBM has
passed away today at 0600 PSTof Mesothelioma. Barry and I knew each other
ever since 1991 when we initially started KCBM on a frequency of 7440 khz at
50 watts. Since that time we grew into a 150 watt station on 6990 khz in the
41 meter broadcast band (USB). First and foremost Barry wanted to thank all
of you for making his dream of running his own radio station. You guys were
the driving force behind KCBM and he and I wanted to sincerely thank you
from the bottom of our hearts. I have the most profound and high respect for
the HAM operators and the regular listeners that we had. Hopefully soon I
will try to get the station back on air and keep it going.

Again, thanks for the years of support!

Barry - We will all miss you!

Ken Holecum
KCBM
THE REAL JOLLY ROGER OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

73's and thank you!