[IRCA] Fwd: [Radiomarine] KSM MF QSO Scheduled

[IRCA] Fwd: [Radiomarine] KSM MF QSO Scheduled

somewhat ot and perhaps a little late for pre-lanng, but here it is
anyway. RCW

--- Begin Message ---
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/RUTolB/TM

At KSM we frequently work SS Matsonia/KHRC on the California - Hawaii run.  Reese Jones is among the very last ROs aboard a U.S. registered ship.  Part of his contract calls for the original ship's radio console to remain place.  While OM Jones has been working us on more modern gear, a personal visit to KSM/KPH inspired him to begin restoration of the original console.

While the MF main transmitter is not yet on the air the standby MF transmitter is working.  We have scheduled a test QSO on MF for tomorrow, Monday at 2100pdt (0400Z Tuesday).  The Matsonia will still be pretty far off shore at that time but our mutual schedules only permit this opportunity.

KSM will transmit weather on 426kc (and on 6474kc and 12993kc) and will monitor 500kc for calls from KHRC.  When KHRC calls the weather will be interrupted.  Once contact is made on 500kc we will switch to 425kc (KHRC) and 426kc (KSM).   The transmitters on 6474kc and 12993kc will be keyed simultaneously with the MF transmitter so those beyond MF range will know if we have made contact.

Our chances for contact are probably no better than even but we thought we should give it a try since the opportunity exists.  Once OM Jones has the main transmitter operational we will try again.

If you are able to copy us please let us know by email or, if you would like a commemorative QSL, by mail to:

Ms. DA Stoops
P.O. Box 381
Bolinas CA, 94924-0381
USA

VY 73,

RD

=================================
Richard Dillman, W6AWO
Maritime Radio Historical Society
http://www.radiomarine.org
Collector of Harleys, Willys and
Radios over 100lbs.

The Radiomarine list brings you information about the on-the-air activities of the Maritime Radio Historical Society including stations KPH, KSM and K6KPH.  For more information see our Web site at:

                    http://www.radiomarine.org

VY 73,

MRHS

Yahoo! Groups Links