Re: [IRCA] Palstar receiver

Craig,

The R8 really does not need the MW550P either, except for a couple of
things that are nice. I can tune around in 4 or 6 khz using the R8 and
the L/C sellectivity in narrow on the Palstar is 2 khz, which adds to
the fidelity without having to use a narrow bandwidth on the R8. It is
kind of like the filter is in the RF section rather than the IF.  Plus,
since the MW550P has such a good Q, I am 15-20 DB down 10 khz away, so
it cuts down on splatter from adjacents, being the R8 is wide open. A
great unit.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.