Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

You're right, IBOC falls off the edge of the cliff and basically you get it
or you don't.

The real question is: where is the cliff? Cable TV generally tries to
deliver about 40 dB of signal to noise ratio at the analog endpoint. Your
snowy analog signal probably was somewhere around 15 to 20 dB S/N. DVB and
IBOC and DRM function well at much lower levels - I don't have the charts
handy but the levels are likely in the ballpark of 10 to 12 dB S/N.

So thank digital for hanging in there at levels that would yield poor analog
performance.

Chuck