Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: CBRU-1270 Squamish BC applies to CRTC to move to FM

On 8-May-06, at 12:01 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:

> Thanks for the update. According to the CE at CBU, CBRU was 250
> watts on
> 1260  and 400 watts on 1270.  I QSL'd them on both frequencies. There
> are a few LPRTs that run more than 40 watts.

After posting this morning I realized that with CHAT-1270 off for
good this would be a good chance to try for CBRU-1270, which I have
not logged here in Calgary.

Logged them a few minutes ago (2310 MST) using nothing more then a
Radio Shack non-TRF portable. With KTFI nulled they were an easy catch,
//CBU-690.

Glad I got them before they leave for good in a couple of months.

The receiver used was a Realistic 12-625, barefoot, not much
of a DX radio but what I had handy at the moment. I seem to remember
a couple of articles in DX News several years ago about beefing up the
performance of this radio - anyone remember the details. I don't have
the issues in question anymore.

73,
Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
Calgary AB