[IRCA] More on 1520 unid

Jim Renfrew, Byron NY

MAY 5 2005

Between 12:30 and 3:00 AM I was listening to the oldies station on 1520 with
only limited success.  WWKB is very close to me!
Definitely Oldies, not NOS - a lot of stuff I can't name from around 1967.
News break at the top of the hour lasted three minutes, not the usual five.
Definitely not // WKWH, whose web feed was about 5 minutes slow.  They have
a mix of more modern music.
I heard an annuncement or PSA mentioning Ohio
I heard an 816 area code (possibly just a local exchange). 816 is Missouri.
Slogans were "Good times and great oldies" - which is a Jones network feed,
and "Classic".  I noted the same program on 1280.
I also heard a promo for Mike and Mike in the mornings on ESPN.
It seemed like a single station, but with WWKB so dominant there may have
been more than one.