Re: [IRCA] IBOC in Canada - intervention planned

On Friday 28 April 2006 23:31, saulamdx wrote:
> Ibiquity has scored an appearance at a CRTC radio
> policy review hearing. Their seven-page outline PDF,
> and a list of other intervenors, is available at the
> CRTC web site. I include a link to the particular
> index page that includes Ibiquity. There are other
> intevenors, too. I am curious as to what might be said
> to the CRTC, in response. I will pass on any useful
> info to someone intervening at the CRTC hearings.

I had a look at iBiquity's submission - it's the usual hype, with a nary a
mention of interference problems.  In fact, it says this:
"The experience in the United States to-date has demonstrated that HD Radio
can be introduced without fear of disruption to existing services".
That's when my BS detector started ringing, long and loud!

It's worth noting that DRM also made a submission.  I wouldn't read too
much into either one at this point.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON