[IRCA] WPBI 960 becoming regular.

Again today, fourth in a row, WPBI 960 North Palm Beach is on with
continuous C&W music and occasional promo ID.  Still no ads or DJ.  They
continue to use the slogan "Eagle 960" on the IDs.

Last night they were on well past their previous nights.  While the signal
had almost disappeared for me, they were still on past 8pm.

I listened through sunset and could not detect a power reduction, just
gradual deterioration as the night progressed.  Their night power is only
250W, down from 1.2kW daytime, but non-D, versus the pattern aimed away
from me during the day.  It might be difficult to tell if they dropped
power when at the same time they opened up their pattern.

Increased static this afternoon has made listening difficult.  As evening
approaches and local noise diminishes some, WPBI is coming in a little
better than earlier this afternoon.

After a silent period since they last tested on 3/17, the commencement of
more or less regular broadcasting these last four days would suggest they
are moving toward full operation in the not to distant future.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL
[Ten-Tec RX-320D; LFE H-800 & M-601; Quantum Phaser; GAP DSP]