[IRCA] DX Worldwide - West, 1100 report

I noticed an interesting report in the April 1, 2006, edition of DX
Monitor, in the DX Worldwide - West column by Patrick Martin.  Possibly
unwisely, but none the less I am allowing this was not an April 1 spoof.

Richard E. Wood reported from Keaau, Hawaii, hearing a Bubble Jammer from
Cuba on 1100, on 3/11.

I am unaware of Cuba using Bubble Jammers on MW frequencies.  Those are
reserved for SW as far as I know.  It's worth noting also that there are no
Florida station on 1100 to jam, regardless the mechanism, nor many 1100
nighttime stations anywhere in the US for that matter.

Instead, I would strongly suggest that what was heard was the Wobbler.  The
report for 3/11 would have been just when 1100 Radio Cadena Habana, Havana,
Cuba, was producing Xtreme Wobblers that were being heard and reported as
far as Oregon.

It would now appear the distance record for Wobbler reception belongs to
Richard at his Hawaii QTH!

Congratulations to him.  If Richard isn't on this IRCA User Group, maybe
someone can let him know what he logged.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL