[IRCA] UNID on 680.

Last night, 4/11 from 0030Z-0100Z, I heard a 680kHz station on top of
others, identifying multiple times in a Spanish accent as "Radio Nacional
Colombia" -- my spelling assuming Spanish origin.  However, the station was
playing old big band type English language music including "Just In Time",
"Mack the Knife" (actually an instrumental), and others.

Because of previous reception events, I checked the WAPA San Juan, PR,
on-line stream, which was not what I was hearing -- it was carrying
religious services.  Since the web site was in Spanish I made my selections
rather uncertainly, but the stream I ended up with was identified as WAPA
on the web page and another DXer also identified WAPA as with religious
programming at the time.

Nor was it Radio Progreso on 680, presumed Ciego de Avila, Cuba,  which is
// 660 & 690 with obviously different programming, and which was heard
later as the RNC signal faded.

The 2006 and 2005 editions of WRTH lists no Colombian broadcast stations on
680.  However older editions I have, list HJBU Zambrano (2001 lists
Sabanagrande) on 680 with varying frequency.  I realize the word
"colu/ombia" may not even refer to the country, just as in Columbia
Broadcasting System.

A Google search for "Radio Nacional Colombia" & 680 produced no hits.  A
broader search had hits but nothing tying 680 and RNC.

The "RadioStationWorld" web site:
http://radiostationworld.com/locations/colombia/radio_websites.asp
lists:  680 Radiodifusora Nacional de Colombia - Barranquilla (Atlántico) CO
Would they likely ID as "Radio Nacional Colombia" -- the IDs I heard were
quite clear.

This is probably old hat to veteran DXers, but I've not logged Colombians
before -- if this is one -- nor heard this particular station in the past.

Your thoughts will be welcomed.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL
[Ten-Tec RX-320D; LF Engineering H-800; GAP DSP]