Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1530

I often check 1530 when on the way back from the Vineyard.  I never hear
them when going past Middleborough on I-495 after sunset.  Daytime they are
local strength there.  I doubt WCKY would be strong enough to override them
at a distance of a couple of miles.

Days WVBF is maybe S-8 or S-9 on the R7B at home.  Right now the S-meter is
sitting around S-5 with a mess and little readable.

Then again, it could simply be timing, if they don't do that every night.  I
think that's still owned by Steve Callahan.  He's a local broadcast
engineer, and is pretty much a stickler for following the rules.

I won't vouch for him more than that, but I don't see a sign they are at day
power.  They may well be at fifty or a hundred watts.  I couldn't tell that
from here.

I also have heard the semi-local 650 and 740 stations here.  Around ten
watts each, IIRC.

WWKB-1520 is around S-9+20 while WDCD-1540 hovers around S-9+10 or so.

(shrug)

Craig Healy
Providence, RI