Re: [IRCA] Morris Sorensen

In a message dated 4/2/2006 5:30:05 PM Central Daylight Time, saulamdx@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I have just found out, and confirmed, that Morris
Sorensen passed away March 14.
This is such very sad news! Morris was a regular contributor to DX News' DDXD-West column, and it was through our exchange of correspondence that I got to know him. He was a true gentleman and a very knowledgeable DXer, and I looked forward to his contributions. The last logging that he sent in appeared in #73-20 2/20/06:

            1300     WOOD  MI         Grand Rapids. 2/3 2330. Poor in KGLO null and local CFRW 1290 splatter with "Coast to Coast" and local ID. NEW! (MS-MB)

This very well may have been the last new station that Morris added to his logbook. I am comforted by the fact that he trusted me to place it in the annals of the NRC.

I wish it were possible for Morris to send some loggings from his new place of residence. Oh, the stations he must be hearing now!
73     Bill Dvorak    Madison WI     DDXD-West Column Editor, NRC DX News