From: saulamdx <saulamdx@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Morris Sorensen
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 15:29:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have just found out, and confirmed, that Morris
Sorensen passed away March 14. This really comes as a
shock. I knew Morris for many years, and last saw him
(perhaps 5-8 years ago) when he lived in Toronto and
attended Ontario DX Association meetings. He was a
very friendly person, and with our mutual interests in
DX and nature we always had lots to talk about.

I found the following obituary online:

"OBITUARY: MORRIS SORENSEN With great sadness, we
announce the passing of our dear nephew, cousin,
friend and brother in the Lord, Morris Alfred
Sorensen, The Urban Naturalist, September 16, 1947 -
March 14, 2006. Morris was the only child of Pastor
Harold Sorensen and Eunice (nee McEldon), both
deceased. He touched the lives of all he met. Morris
was steady and a strong character, a true friend and
gentle man. His wisdom, memorable stories of
nature and life will be missed. He leaves a void in
the education of our youth and in our hearts. Morris
was a member of the Manitoba and Ontario
Naturalists, ham radio club, camera club and Kildonan
United Church. 1 Thes.5; 9 ­ 11"

As well, Morris' website
http://www.wilds.mb.ca/urbanat , has the following
notice: "These pages will remain in his honor and an
epitaph will be added."

And, the Manitoba Naturalists website states:
"Memorial Service for Morris Sorensen, April 8th,
10:30 at Silver Heights United Church, 199 Garrioch
Avenue in St. James (near Mount Royal and Ness) (in or
near Winnipeg).

Morris was also an active DXer, as many of you already
know from his frequenct contributions to these lists
and to club bulletins.

This is sad news indeed; Morris will be missed.

Saul Chernos