[IRCA] Beverages

Bill,

With the 1500' beverage, I have been surprised so many times through the
years during good conditions. The pattern of the station really has
little to do with hearing the station or not too. Many of the stations I
have logged from the East Coast have had patterns to the SE like WWRL
1600 & WXTC 1390. If the skip is right for the beverage then I hear it,
if not, then I don't. Over and over, I have heard maybe a slogan or an
ID, then it is gone, never to be heard again. A lot of the flea power
stations like WTDY 1570 TN was that way. A beautiful ID at the TOH, then
gone. I think they are like 56 watts or something like that. WLSD 1220
VA, all I caught on that one was an anmt from a pastor on the air
talking about picking up the shut ins and taking them to church on
Sunday morning in Big Stone Gap and surrounding areas. It lasted 30
seconds if that, then gone. The tape got me the QSL there. I never know
what might pop in.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.