Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

You are right, but this is something I can not understand. Ultimately
what happens on the bench or the field meter is not as important as
what the listener actually hears.  One of the problems with IBOC is
there are conditions which occur that are out of the control of
testing. This has been covered elsewhere. Examples of this are
imperfect receivers, directional antenna (and non-linearities),
engine noise, nigthttime skip, multipath signals, etc.  These things
will let digital signals and hiss through despite the most ideal set
up. Analog signals on AM are more forgiving.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland