Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

> If enough people and stations complain, maybe something will be done. If
> IBOC goes night, a station will no longer cover their grade A area.
> Coverage will be knocked down to practically nothing. Think about all of
> the stations running flea power at night. They wont even get across the
> street!

Case in point, my client WRIB-1220.  Philadelphia on 1210 is a killer signal
here.  Couple that with a collection of local and near local stations on
1230 all dumping an IBOC sideband right on 1220, and it ain't pretty.

The analog to IBOC reverse also holds true.  Were WRIB to go IBOC, their
digital coverage would be severely hindered by the analog 1210 and 1230
signals.

I sold my JVC KD-SHX900 this week.  Naturally, Murphy's Law kicked in and
one of my clients started asking IBOCish questions.  I bought another JVC,
this one the KD-HDR1.  I found it for $229 and also discovered iBiquity has
a valid $20 rebate program.  Net cost when I get the rebate will be $209
plus shipping.  If this works as well as the JVC I just sold, it's a darn
good deal.  And, it also has HD2 capability and is set to accept an XM
adapter.  The specs say it has the same DiAS tuner as the old one, and that
was quite good.  When I get it, I'll write a review and post it on
AM-DX.COM.  If anyone is interested in exploring the Dark Side, contact me
off list and I'll let you know the details of where I got it, and the
iBiquity rebate info.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI