Re: [IRCA] An ignorant question about BOGs

Re: [IRCA] An ignorant question about BOGs

A 43 is OK, but a 73 is better.

In particular, the "binocular" style of the 73 core is the best. See
http://w8ji.com/core_selection.htm for lots of nice pictures and
explanations and graphs. This is the best web page about building matching
transformers that I know.

The turns ratio below is right for an elevated beverage but for a BOG it
would be better to drop the turns ratio down to something around 2 to 2.5.
It won't blow your socks off with the difference, but there's no sense to
throwing away a dB or 2.

Chuck