Re: [IRCA] AM down the road..

Mike,

I always wished "What if I knew then what I know now" sort of thing. I
wonder, if I had an R8 and a 1500' beverage, what would I have heard in
1965-70? One amazing thing in the early 70s for a time, 1400 was clear
every MM. The nearest station that was all night MM on 1400 was
Mansfield OH!! I caught the WNUE FL test on 1400 in 1971. Then there are
the EWE antennas aimed at the Pacific/Asia today.  But I think in that
case, we are further ahead as the Pacific/Asians went to splits in 1978,
so TPs are better now. The thought of logging Nepal, India, Bangladesh
on MW in 1965 would have been nearly impossible. Especially since most
of the stations there ran low power, and there weren't very many. So
some things are better today.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.