Re: [IRCA] AM down the road..

Craig,

Yes, indeed at 57 now, I find the World a bit on the rough side too.
Bring back the old days. Well of course, that will never happen. Driving
by KVAS Astoria where I once worked over 30 years ago, all it holds now
is a law office. The tower & transmitter is still there in the back of
the building, but that is about it. The studio is silent, what there is
left of it. It is all run out of the KAST site and KVAS (Now KKEE) is
ESPN 24/7. Gone are the days of be walking into the station as Music
Director going through the stacks of new records (long before CDs), and
typing up the playlight on the old manual typewriter. Then going on the
air playing the hits.  I am sure the building has its ghosts too. My old
boss, Chuck Farmer (owner/GM) passed away in the late 90s and his wife
died a couple months ago. One company owns both AM stations in Astoria,
New NW BCers. When I worked at KVAS, KAST was compitition. The guys on
the air, a lot of them weren't even born when I worked at KVAS. The ones
that were, they were young. But as you said Craig, you can bring back
the past. Like my mother used to say "You can't go back, you can just go
ahead" But think about it, 20-40 years away, these will be the good ol'
days for the kids of today. They will be our age, and we will be history
as Alan Roycroft used to say.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.