Re: [IRCA] eskip -- was -- logging - 870 KJMP CO in OR

Re: [IRCA] eskip -- was -- logging - 870 KJMP CO in OR

> The best E Skip I ever had was in the Summer of 77-78 while living in
> Portland area. The whole Summer was jammed with E Skip

> Patrick Martin

Jan-Feb 1977 was some of the coldest weather the
Northeast had ever seen in my lifetime. It was so cold
in Long Island that the gutters of my house were loaded
with ice that kept accumulating from the occasional
day roof sun-melt, they fell off of the house. I remember
seeing wx sat photos of the ice covering all the lakes in
the Northeast.

And in 1978, the two huge blizzards (20 Jan and 6 Feb
as I recall). One of them, I was stuck at home for 3 days
and could not get to work. The other I was stuck in the
city and spent 3 nights in the Taft Hotel ($50 a night)
because the LIRR was shut down for 3 days.

But of course Global Warming caused all that.

Think there is any correlation between this extreme
weather and your e-skip that year?

- Bob               0916 est